Monday, April 30, 2007

Sickly or infirm

Okay, so is it completely obvious that I am a house-bound invalid? There was a time, not so long ago, that I couldn't bring myself to write in my blog more than once per week. Now, I see that I blog every single day (and then some!). Hope I'm not boring anyone out there too much with my sickly person ramblings.

Today is my wedding anniversary. It's been 19 years that Len and I have been legally attached to each other. Gasp all you want, we really are that old. I think I speak for us both when I say that we are very happy together and look forward to many more years of marital bliss. But, I've been a little sad today, because my fancy watch (10th anniversary gift from Len) and my wedding ring (15th anniversary) were damaged pretty badly in the accident. The watch still works -- we'll get a new band and have the watch part serviced -- but the ring is destroyed. The main diamond fell out in the accident (Len went back to the scene to look for it, but was unable to find it). Then, in the hospitql, when my hand was so swollen, the rest of the ring had to be cut off my finger. We still have the carcass, so maybe we can have it melted down to a new ring or something. I try not to think I'm that into the symbol of the thing, but the fact is I am. I loved my ring and what it represented, and I am truly sorry I no longer have it.

Today also marks five weeks since my accident. A few more weeks from now and I'll be in physical therapy, re-learning to walk. Every Monday is one week closer to normal.

Len is here at home, taking a final exam today. He downloaded the exam at 9 a.m. and will upload his answers by 5p.m. Ain't technology grand? I'm just sitting quietly on the living room sofa, blogging, knitting, and reading, while he is fulfilling his academic obligations. Cool.

1 comment:

pedalista said...

I cant believe it has been 5 weeks. I am glad you are progressing along well. Technology is great because we can check in on the Megan gossip daily and then go to Google Earth and wave at you from the Satelite overhead (even though the picture is old, it is the thought that counts).