Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Re-Connecting

Here in the South, a good deal of stock is put in the Lord and how He works, so a lot of folks have been telling me that He has bigger plans for me and that I should be looking at the positives that have and will come out of this accident. I'm not a religious person, but I do agree that it's really important to look at the positives in everything. Dwelling on the negatives only gets me down and I could use some happy thoughts. So here goes...
Hopefully, I'll become more patient. I do have a tendency to think, "When this or that happens, life will be so much better." So, living in the moment will be good for me.
I've learned that Len is a wonderful caregiver. He needs some lessons on proper foot rubs, but otherwise he's outstanding and I couldn't ask for a better nurse.
After having strangers poking at me for the last several weeks, I've become much less body modest. Doubt I'll ever be an exotic dancer, but maybe I'll enjoy going to the beach more. I've got hundreds of staple scars on my legs. people will notice those before my cellulite.
Folks I haven't talked to in ages have been calling to wish me well in my recovery. How nice is that!?!? I've missed my old friends and this has helped re-connect us!
I'll be much more observant of my surroundings. I won't miss those turns and I'll live more carefully. I don't want to lose my fearlessness, so I'll just say I'll be more careful.

No comments: