Saturday, April 14, 2007

Outside

Megan is getting better every day. She's off the pain pump now. Yesterday her family from Tallahassee visited, and today her brothers John and Frank wheeled her outside in a wheelcahir. That was her first time outside in three weeks, so she enjoyed it, and luckily it was nice weather here in the morning. I saw her doctor today. He is understandably hesitant to predict when Megan's confinement will end, but he seemed to think it will be soon.

This week I had some weird parking deck encounters. Tuesday night I helped a woman who looked like she fell down the stairs get to her car. She had a big tear in her pant leg and hurt her ankle. I suggested to her companions that they take her back to the ER, rather than come back tomorrow, but they left anyway. And today as I was leaving, a guy who looked kind of stoned asked me if the the hospital would look at someone who didn't have any ID. I told him give it a try, they probably won't turn away anyone without at least a quick look to determine how seriously you are hurt. The woman in the back seat looked like she was in pain, I hope she's OK.

Has anyone ever seen the evening parking deck woman not talking on the phone?

2 comments:

pedalista said...

We dont have a parking deck, but where I live I have to park in a public parking lot behind my building. The back of the Habitat for Humanity store faces this same parking lot. The store takes donations of household furnishings and they recondition and sell them to raise money. Anything that is not worth selling hits their dumpster and there is a group of people who come and pillage the dumpster every afternoon after they close up for the day. So I do see some interesting characters rooting through it for treasures.

Staci said...

YES! Two days ago. It wasn't yet dark. She was friendly--probably wanted someone to talk to...