Saturday, April 28, 2007

Love in My Tummy

The first insurance statement came today regarding Dr.Furie's bills. Dr. Furie is my orthopedic surgeon and performed four surgeries on my legs. It's a hard statement to understand because it says things like "ineligible amount" and "approved amount" but since it also says "Member responsibility $0.00" after each of the four surgeries, I'm feeling reasonably confident that so far we don't owe anything. Whew! I believe the only bills we have left is from the hospital itself and my trauma doc, and for any follow-up care and those should covered, too. We'll have a deductible, for sure, but otherwise I think we are set. After years of hearing terrible stories about insurances not paying for things, I'm grateful that it seems I won't have similar troubles (knock on wood).

I was thinking recently about that old helmet I bought on eBay but never used because it was improperly advertised as DOT approved. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing that flimsy thing the day of my crash. I doubt anybody'd be reading my blog if I had been. It was cute, but not something that could protect my head in case of a real impact. I have a friend at work who rides a Harley with a non-approved helmet. I'm going to have a talk with him.

No comments: