Sunday, April 29, 2007

Comfort Zone

My ass hurts.

I don't mean to be so vulgar, but the fact is, my ass hurts.

I remember talking to my doctor the morning after the third surgery on my left pelvis, telling him how sore a particular spot was, when he pointed to his own rear end and asked if that's where it hurt. Yes, I said. He said simply,"Yes, well, we spent an awful lot of time there."

It still hurts there. Luckily, though, it seems most of my other pains are gone. My right knee is feeling pretty solid, and the incisions themselves aren't painful. My left foot is still numbish and tingly (or sparkly, as I described the sensation to Dr. Furie), but otherwise the real pain is isolated to my left hip. It's a deep, constant ache, and considering they spent several hours in there over the course of three surgeries, it seems only right that it still hurts.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Megan!! I can so sympathize with the pain. After my back surgery & come to think of it after one of my knee surgeries, the doc suggested a special pillow to take some of the pressure off of my hips & a few other spots that were painful. They were painful not only because of the amount of trauma that they endured during surgery, but also because of the amount of time I laid on them. I'll look around on my errands today & see if I can find you a "magic pillow". Its worth a shot to see if it will relieve some pressure. Those pillows used to be made of gel, but the new ones are made out of that "memory foam" stuff. All I know if that it helped me tremendously. Too bad that those things weren't around when I had my hip surgery 20 years ago. Hang in there! I know that the road to recover is long. But you are a fighter!!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

I had no idea how much surgery you have had! It's a wonder you are still in one piece! But, I'm so glad you are! Thanks, Ashley!