Friday, May 25, 2007

I am not a drug addict!

Okay, so I've been taking some pretty serious narcotics for pain since returning from the hospital, including oxycodone and such. But about a week ago I decided to do only over the counter painkillers and tried Aleve, which worked for the most part. Last night though, I fell asleep before taking my nighttime dose. And this morning, I passed altogether on the pills. I have not had pain medication of any kind since 7 a.m. yesterday. I feel some discomfort, but not enough to do anything about it. I'll take the occasional pill when I expect a particularly arduous day. Point is, I was on heavy narcotics for eight weeks and I'm glad to be free of 'em.

One more box to check off in my recuperation plan.

2 comments:

pedalista said...

Megan, did you post this in the spirit of all the cyclist who are now coming out and decalring they were doped to the gills in the 1990's while racing in the peleton? Just kidding. That is a major milestone when it comes to someone who had crunched as many bones as you had.

Suzy Neal said...

WOW, this is great progress!!Perhaps you can have something besides milk to drink again soon.