Monday, May 14, 2007

Good Times...

It's been a great, but painful, weekend here at Injury Central. Lots of important progress was made these last few days, but with that activity comes a lot of soreness. No pain, no gain.

I showered for the first time since the accident on Friday, and it was a wonderful thing. Sunday, I put on real clothing, pants, shirt, undergarments, the whole nine. Len took me out for a stroll around the neighborhood, too. The circuit is made up of slight inclines and declines, so Len did all the work. I was just there for the ride. The sun and breeze did me a lot of good. At one point, though, we hit a huge bump in the sidewalk that nearly knocked me out of the chair, and caused me great pelvis pain. It stayed with me until well into the night last night, but this morning I'm good.

Scully is home again (THANKS Suzy and Clark for everything!!!). She stepped on my sore foot once or twice, but she's really being gentle around me. In the three nights since she's been back, she has slept in the dog bed next to my sofa. Every now and again she'll try to get up on the sofa, but she's actually listening to me when I say "no." She's a good girl.

I think I overdid the activity, though, and was sore all weekend. I have several restrictions on moving my left leg: Don't cross over the other leg, don't bend more than 90 degrees, etc. With all the transferring from chair to sofa to chair I did, I'm sure I came close to violating once or twice, so I need to be very careful. Today, I'm taking things easy and see where that gets me.

5 comments:

pedalista said...

WOW! (referring to the pictures in the Warning! post. I am such a woose when it comes to hospitals. I am glad you are doing better now and that Scully is back in the house to keep an eye on you. Are you working on fetching skills with her? I have seen video tapes of people who have trained the dog to retrieve beer from the fridge for them. I always wonder though if they are smart enough to get the beer what stops them from getting the treats for themselves too?

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Good point, Fred! Scully would clean us out if I taught her a trick like that!

Carina said...

Hi Megan,
The pictures were hard to look at, because no one wants to see such a dear soul so injured. Thank you for being brave enough to share though. You are such a tough cookie. We miss you at knitting and talk about you each week (what do you think we're saying...you'll have to return to find out!).

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Carina, I'm counting the days until I'm back at group! Thanks for the nice words! -Megan

Admin said...

Hi there Megan! Hope the MGK meals got to you okay...They have man friendly directions on them for Len! We're warming the Knitch bench for you and full expect you to be back here as soon as possible. We're all pumping iron so we can lift you up the steps in your speedy chair for knitting group!
Kim