Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Two Weeks, Five Days

The night before my appointment with Dr.Furie, Len asked what I'd do if Dr. Furie told me I had to wait longer before getting out of the chair. I told Len I'd punch Dr. Furie in the face. When it came down to it, I chickened out.
I have to wait until June 25 before beginning physical therapy. Dr. Furie's face is intact.
My knee is great, but he doesn't want me putting all my weight on it -- by waiting, I'll be able to balance the weight between both legs. He's right and I hate it, but I don't want to risk prolonging the healing even more, so I'll abide.
My hip is re-growing way too much bone. When I have the hip replacement, Dr. Furie says he'll zap my hip with a little radiation to stop the bone from growing all around the joint. Yowza!
Still, I'm in good spirits about the wait to walk. I'm resigned to it now and I just have a new goal day. I made the appointment already for my first PT treatment at the hospital a couple blocks from my house. Two weeks after that, I'll see Dr. Furie again for a follow up.

No comments: