Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cancer Blows

My brother-in-law, Dennis, was diagnosed with Bladder cancer last year and underwent surgery to remove his bladder and prostate in December. He was to start chemo, but was too ill until recently. Unfortunately, the cancer has spread to his legs and he starts chemo in a couple weeks. He's been my hero since I got into the wheelchair, since he's been in one for the last 24 years. He's helped me not feel sorry for myself and he and my sister Paula have been very supportive.

His doctors are not very hopeful, but he is, and he feels good right now.

That's everything.

1 comment:

Vernon "Vito" Johnston said...

I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer by a group of doctors. The second opinion agreed with the first doctors and even said the bone cancer is more advanced than the first set of doctors diagnosed. In other words - stage IV cancer and there is no stage V.

When I went in a few months later for another bone scan. (The doctors wanted to see how far the cancer had spread). The results - No evidence of metastic cancer. I bawled like a baby. How you might aks? Baking Soda and molasses.