Monday, December 19, 2005

Work-Avoidance Mode

I have a couple articles due today -- actually they were due on Friday -- but I can't bring myself to start writing. My throat hurts, my body aches, I'm cold and and I'm coughing up all kinds of not-so-lovely... you get the idea. I've been eating mandarin oranges all morning. Maybe the vitamin C contained in the fruit will help me.
I'm looking forward to the big move, but I'm not looking forward to moving. I have nightmares about driving the dogs through the snow-covered mountains and losing control of the car. Probably all the meds I'm taking to make this sickness go away are giving me these crazy dreams.
It's a few days until Christmas and I'm not in the least bit motivated to do anything Christmas related. Shopping? No way. I have no interest in bringing anything new into this house -- we'll just have to move it, too. I hate being a Scrooge.

No comments: