Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Socks Are My Past, Present and Future



I finally finished Len's gigantic socks. Just to show how gigantic those socks are, I include a couple pictures here of said socks. The first shows his sock next to a sock I made for my own self. Big, big, big.



The second image shows Len actually wearing the socks while sweet little Daisy dog looks on.

In the last two images, you'll see the fabulous shipment I received of sock yarns from KnitPicks.com. Knit Picks is a company my knitting sister-in-law tuned me into -- beautiful yarns, cheap prices. I have a lot of sock knitting in my future. Since Betsy sent me my first sock yarn ever for my birthday this year, I knitted almost more socks than I have knitted mittens -- and I'm always finding old pairs of mittens I'd forgotten I'd made.



The last pic shows the lovely merino wool handpainted socks I'm making for myself. So soft! Lovely, lovely stuff.

No comments: