Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cold Weather, Warm Sweaters


It's definitely sweater weather here in Hotlanta, and I am feverishly knitting myself some spectacular cold weather gear. I started knitting a soft and lovely striped raglan for Len out of some Malabrigo in my stash, when we both began to notice as the sweater emerged that the colors were much more feminine than we first anticipated. No problem! It easily becomes a raglan sweater for ME!

The other sweater I am making for MYSELF (I am such a greedy knitter!) is the Sweater Girl Pullover from the latest Interweave Knits. It's knit in the luscious Rowan KidSilk Haze, double stranded, in a repeating simple cable pattern. It is light as air and lovely to touch. I'm about 20 percent into the sweater after three days of knitting -- I love it so much I can't put the darned thing down.

Len also found in his car yesterday a project that I've been missing for weeks. It is a short-sleeved Art Yarns silk affair that is meant to be worn over a camisole. I've completed everything but the beading work on the collar. As soon as Sweater Girl is complete, I'm going to complete this special project.


And, I have finally begun completion on a project that was all but finished a year ago, a zippered cardigan in a soft bulky alpaca. I am a little intimidated by the zipper installation, but have all the ingredients and will sit down and get 'er done in the next several days.

I feel warmer already.

4 comments:

Debbie D said...

Holy Crikey, you need to post photos. That Sweater Girl Project is gorgeous.

Nell said...

I can't wait to see the Sweater Girl. Let's get tog. to look at the zipper project. I have a few tricks...
See you soon!

Kim said...

Woo-hoo! Nice and snuggly warm. I know what you mean. I'm knitting socks so fast my hands are cramping.

Betsy said...

I think the pink in the Malabrigo sweater was planned. Very sneaky!