Friday, January 11, 2008

Hacking Away


I called my mom the other day and the first thing she said was: "You have a cold, don't you?"

Yes, ma, I have a cold. I get whatever is going around, whenever it is going around. In fact, the very first entry on Treats for Breathing was all about how terrible I was feeling due to flu.

Lucky for me, this one seems shorter lived than most of my winter colds. I am happy to be on the tail end of symptoms now, with just the occasional clearing of the throat. In fact, the worst of it was about a week ago. And the worst part of the worst of it? When I laid down for bed I'd begin to cough. And cough. And cough. I'd cough until I sat up again. So, I spent three days on the sofa, hacking away, while Len held pillows to his ears in the next room.

He started it. He got the cold over Christmas and passed it along to me.

3 comments:

Debbie D said...

Chicken Soup? Hot Toddies?

Betsy said...

Blaming Len for your cold works for me.

Feel better soon. Send the infector to the Korean market to get you some of this:

http://tinyurl.com/2kz8wj

jana said...

awe, hon, i hope you feel better soon.