Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can anyone help me hide my stash?

Len is starting to notice that nearly every time I go to Knitch, I buy something. He reads this blog and actually knows I have a lot of projects going, but I thought I'd acknowledge my addiction to the world. Eleven steps to go...

After more than two months and $13,000 worth of repair work, my car is back in my driveway. When Len and I pulled up to Sterling Auto Body in Decatur near the Farmer's Market, I almost didn't recognize the car as mine, it's been so long since I saw the little cutie. I immediately felt happiness when I recognized the car, and checked it all around to find the paint looks good and nothing seems amiss. And while driving it, I didn't have warning bells going off in my head about the handling, etc. They did a good job. That's how I want my surgery to go, whenever that happens.

I go back to court on Tuesday with the valet and the guy who hit my car while the valet was driving. I don't know what is going to happen there, so I'll wait and see what the judge and the lawyers do.

No news yet on the surgery. I went to Crawford Long Hospital last week for an amazing test on my white blood cells. They took blood, separated the white blood cells, radiated them, and put them back into my body. Then they took pictures of my insides to see where the blood cells went off to. (White blood cells fight infection, so being able to see where they go might tell the docs an infection's location.) I should hear something Monday.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow. That's a really crazy test. Hopefully the disinfection worked. Fingers crossed.

Betsy said...

Good luck with the test and the court date. Hopefully both will end up with good resolutions!

As far as hiding stash, well, let's just say I'm just glad we live in a big house :-) I also subscribe to the belief that sock yarn is NOT stash, although that doesn't help much unless I start thinking of all yarn as sock yarn...

Debbie D said...

You need to remind Yarn Kim of her idea about renting out lockers at Knitch to hide stash from husbands.


Cool blood test. Haven't heard of that type before.

Carina said...

Glad that the car is back on teh road. It is amazing what a good auto body shop can do. Fingers crossed for your upcoming body work.
Happy Thanksgiving. See you after I have gained 10 lbs. in stuffing and turkey.