Friday, September 07, 2007

Swallowing My Pride


I finally did it. I got a temporary handicapped parking permit for my car. It's pretty difficult for me to walk through grocery-store parking lots, and since I've been going out alone more and more I decided it was time.

I got an affidavit from Dr. Furie to verify that yes, indeed, I am injured. Then I took it to the DMV today to get the tag. After standing in line behind several other people using walkers and crutches (including a man who must be the oldest human driving), I handed over my ID and the affidavit, and minutes later had the permit.

I haven't used it yet, but I am sure it will come in handy in the very near future. Thank you DMV.

5 comments:

Suzy Neal said...

At least its just a temporary permit :-)

mollybee said...

Megan please email me I have some interesting news. molly.bee.jean@gmail.com

Clark said...

Well, if it's any consolation, when I was going to Darton, I broke my foot. Because I was in a walking cast and it was hard to get around, I got a temp pass from campus police so I could park closer. Don't feel bad, you have a legitimate need for the temporary pass.

Len said...

You need to get a "service dog" coat for Devon, then you will be good to go.

Debbie D said...

Finally! So glad you changed your mind and remember this is not a forever thing. You too will join the rest of us hunting for a parking space.

I was so glad to have my sticker for 120 days after my knee surgery. It really helped with my overall endurance level getting better.

Debbie