Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm a Yarn Whore and Happy for It

My knitting friend, Debbie, was recently talking about a family trip to Scotland. I was excited for her, but didn't hear the whole story. A few days later, my other friend, Alice, excitedly told me she was going to Scotland with Debbie.
Now, I was intrigued.
I went home that night thinking, "How can I get myself invited on Debbie's family trip to Scotland?"
Turns out, it isn't a family trip at all, but a knitting trip put on by a Scottish woman who runs a Pittsburgh yarn shop. (Don't ask me how I thought it was a family trip -- I'm still trying to figure that out.) Anyway, when Alice clarified that for me, I became VERY excited and she sent me the info.
I approached Len on the idea and he simply said: "You better get your passport renewed quick!"
The very nice Scottish lady (whose hometown is a big part of the trip) told me there were a couple spots available still, so I'm IN! I'm going to Scotland for eleven days next May, with my good friends Debbie and Alice! Scottish yarn, here I come!

3 comments:

Debbie D said...

um, it could have been the fact that I was talking about going with my two cousins and we'd be celebrating one of their birthdays. So glad you realized it wasn't family only in time to sign up. I'm thrilled you and Alice are going with us.


Think we will end up on a CNN new's report? I can just see it now "Knitters Gone Wild in Scotland"

Betsy said...

Will you leave all your clothes in Scotland so you can stuff your suitcase full of lovely Scottish wool?!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Oh yes, I'll probably go wild buying wool!
Think the airlines would care if I fly home while wearing all my clothes? More room for wool!