Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yes, it SUCKS to be me!

The surgery I've been waiting and planning for has been postponed, but -- ooh, lucky me -- another surgical opportunity has popped up! I asked Dr. Furie to have a look at a lump near my incision site this morning. It concerned him so he referred to Dr. Mason to determine what it is. Turns out it's an infection that has abscessed and I need immediate surgery to remove all the bits. FUN. The best part is, this requires general anesthesia! So, I'll be at Atlanta Medical Center Wednesday morning at 6, preparing for another day in a drug-addled state. At least I'll be good to go tomorrow afternoon and back to my version of normal by Thursday.

Now, that my rant is over, I can relax. I do feel better now.

2 comments:

Debbie D said...

oh man Megan that really sucks.



Hum, maybe this is the THIRD thing we were talking about on Monday night. Which would be a good thing.

Carina said...

Yes, this is definately the third thing (also a turd thing). It is all going to get better from here. Much love.