Friday, December 07, 2007

Let the Swelling Begin


So far, recuperation is going well. I have a good bit of pain in my muscles and I still have around 40 staples in my leg. The worst part is the swelling. My left leg is at least two sizes larger than my right, which prevents me from wearing pretty much any pants I own. So, I'm living in pajamas, and that's not a bad thing.

I had my first visit from an in-home physical therapist yesterday. She seemed happy with my progress thus far, so I guess I am, too. This first week home from the hospital is nothing like that first week back in April. I am working, knitting, blogging: Except for the Oxycontin and the fact I can stand up straight, it's almost as if nothing is different from two weeks ago.

Every day it's a little easier to move my left leg. I'm having to lift it with my hands less and less. Once the pain dies down and I can stop taking pain meds, I think I'll be fine to drive. Eventually this whole experience will be a memory. A memory punctuated by giant scars.

3 comments:

susanc said...

That's so wonderful that you're doing so well! Yay!!! What knitting are you working on?

Debbie D said...

Glad things are progressing for you. It is always better to be at home when you are healing. Dog kisses work wonders too.

Kim said...

You should tell people that the giant scars are from a bar fight, or that time you killed a guy in Reno, just to watch him die. So glad you're doing well, babe!