Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Home at Last

I left the hospital yesterday morning and spent most of the afternoon asleep on the green recuperation sofa. My friend, Staci, dropped by to see the new me and was witness to my walking with two straight legs -- the first I've been able to do that in eight months. Pretty exciting stuff.

Today, my plan is to do a little work. do my exercises, and sleep. Tomorrow, a little more exercise and less sleep and so on.

I am feeling really good and can finally see and end to the injury prison sentence. Until this surgery, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to walk normally again. Now that it's over and I can stand up straight and put weight on my left leg, I know it's just a matter of time and exercise before I'm walking the hounds and back on the bicycle. It's a good feeling.

Scully and Devon are all over themselves with happiness that I've returned. Devon must have been smothering me a little during my sleep because I dreamt we put him down after he called in a bomb threat because he was afraid I'd leave again. Yes, I'm on a little pain medication.

4 comments:

Hockey Mom said...

Woo hoo!

Debbie D said...

Glad your home and that bomb threat thing was a hoot. I was bragging on you standing all the way up tall on Monday night!

Kim said...

Hooray! Yay for home and standing upright and bearing weight and all that good stuff!

Betsy said...

Glad you are back home and on the road to recovery. There's nothing quite like the greeting of a crazy dog!