Friday, March 30, 2007

Surgery Update

I just returned home. Megan returned from surgery about 6pm. I saw her briefly, then they put her back in ICU. While I was in the waiting room I chatted with my co-waiter. His wife was in a car crash Wednesday, and expected to go home Monday, which was good for them. The guys in the Porche that hit her were not so good, they are at Grady and really messed up. It could be worse. Then he told me how he was carjacked ten years ago and shot twice in the back. It can be even worse.

So Megan is in a world of pain today following hip surgery. Her blood pressure was too low to get a full dose of pain meds, but once she gets rehydrated she'll be back on the horse. I think tomorrow she'll be doing better. No news on the knee though.

The SAAB is back with a new fuel pump. Staci, thanks for the ride! Clark, thanks for the offer!

4 comments:

Admin said...

Len,
Thanks so much for keeping us posted via the blog. I'll send a note out to the knitting girls to let them know to come here for info! Take good care and we'll see you in the waiting room again soon!
Kim

Ashley said...

Len & Megan,
We are sending all of our good thoughts your direction. Len- let me know if there's anything that I can do. Kelsey would gladly share her playground (aka the backyard) with your kids. She'd probably be willing to share a bed or 2 also. Send them down if you need a break or a hand. Thanks for keeping us all updated on Megan's progress.
Megan- Skip the Morphine & go for the Dilaudid pain pump. Dilaudid works wonders. We're pulling for you. Let me know if you need anything.
We're sending our love & best wishes!
Ashley & Kelsey

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Yes, she is on the dilaudid pain pump and seems to enjoy it a lot.

Staci said...

Anytime!