Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Moonlighting

I finally took the plunge this week, and started working at Knitch, the best yarn store in the South. Monday was my first day, and I straightened piles of yarn and put labels on balls of Patagonia chunky cotton, all the while imagining what I'd buy with my earnings! I haven't spent a lot at Knitch, mostly because my budget is too small. But now I'll have mad money for the yarns of my dreams.

Habu is a Japanese yarn company that produces some truly unusual stuff, like stainless steel wrapped in silk and paper yarns that are actually washable and yarns made of pineapple leaves. Knitch is one of the few stores in the Southeast that carries the brand. I'm really interested in the paper stuff, so I have to come up with a suitable project.

I'll work Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Thursday, I get to learn to run the register! Woohoo!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Habu is cool stuff. I have some of that paper yarn (A-62) in my stash as well as the stuff with little fuzzy bobbles on it (A-29 tobi moire). I bought it during the last big sale when I worked @ the evil yarn shop. Of course I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with it but it looks really cool!

Good luck with the part time. Knitch is a very nice shop, I'm sure you'll love it!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

When I saw that I had a comment, I had a feeling it was you! That paper stuff is so cool! Washable raffia! I recently met a woman who knits with electric cords and other odds and ends -- kind of an art form.
In a meeting today, I designed a sweater while I wasn't listening to the garbled garbage spewing out of the mouths of my colleagues.

Jamie said...

That's very cool that you are working at Knitch now. I can't wait to see what you buy with all of the proceeds...

mollybee said...

I am watching you. Did you see that Pfizer is leaving A2?? You are the smart ones. In case you need someone to knit a scarf for it is still cold here. email me, same place.