Friday, August 22, 2008

Too Many Men...

The last couple days I have had business meetings that lasted until the evenings and into the dinner hour. It's not often I stay in Downtown Atlanta for dinner during the week, but there I was, walking down Peachtree Street amongst the throngs of visitors and tourists and whatnot. Wednesday evening, I was struck by the sheer volume of people downtown. I really had no idea how active a nightlife Downtown Atlanta enjoys. I thought everyone went to Buckhead or Midtown for their evening fun, but with all the new hotel construction down here and the new Aquarium and World of Coke just a couple blocks from here, it makes sense there are more people around these days.

That was my Wednesday evening observation.

Last night, I suddenly realized that practically everyone around me was male. There were a few females here and there, but really, the place was overrun with men.
So, I asked around and found that the International Woodworking Fair is at the Georgia World Congress, just a couple blocks from my office, and there are approximately 40,000 attendees. Most of those attendees are men, filling all the available hotel rooms in the area.

Holy crap!

I knew what I had to do: Call Alice!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Next time, call me!! A place with 40,000 men in it. There's bound to be a nice single gentleman in that size group!! LOL!!

Kim said...

Ha! Love it.

Debbie D said...

Hey did you happen to run into my man? He was down at the IWF all day Friday and I got to hear all about knobs, finishing, and equipment for over a hour. You should try looking interested and that you have a faintest clue for an hour with your husband. It's work baby!

P.S. We REALLY should have told Alice about that convention. Smacking my head.

Nell said...

Hello. You could also call me.
Geesh.

Alice, how did you do???