Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finally, a Finished Object!


I've been working on this medallion tunic from Spring Vogue Knitting all summer. I even had the crazy notion I'd finish it in time for my trip to Scotland, but seeing as how I just finished it today, two months after my return, I was pretty wrong in my calculations. It's not that this was terribly difficult, it's a relatively straightforward all-over lace pattern, but it was tedious and I just got bored.
In the end, I made only one change to the original pattern, and that was to add the loop and the button at the neckline. The head opening is plenty big (though in this picture, it looks like it might strangle the wearer) and the flaps just didn't fall right.
Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

3 comments:

Debbie D said...

Stunning! I want to see it on you.

Kim said...

Yay! So pretty!

Betsy said...

Very nice! Congrats on a lovely finished object!

I've got so many UFO's around here, sometimes I think I'm in Roswell...