Monday, February 25, 2008

Trek to Target

Since the accident, I've done a lot of online shopping. The hassle of shopping when you are 'differently abled' is enough to keep a person glued to her keyboard. But, I had to make the big step sometime, and I needed some pots for some new plants in my office. So, I finally went to Target by myself for the first time since said accident. (Some of you might recall that I was on my way to Target to buy some underpants when I hit the big black SUV last year.)
Target did not have pots for my plants, but I did find some lovely new pajamas and socks and, yes, a package of those unlucky underpants. Who did I run into at the checkout line? Kim and Scott of Knitch fame. Kim related my story to the cashier and just had to stop and give me a hug for surviving this Target trip. The cashier stopped what she was doing and asked for a hug as well. It was a good time.
My trip home was uneventful.
As it should be.

6 comments:

Debbie D said...

Damn it!!!!! We all should have been there to give you a hug and do a happy dance. Glad Kim and Scott happened to have been there.


Big Friggin Deal, Girlfriend! Proud of ya and hope the underpants were at least worth it.

Hockey Mom said...

Big step. Way to go lady!

Admin said...

Those cotton undies are now your lucky pants...wear them in good health...so glad I got to witness the moment! Kim

Kim said...

Yay for not having a near-death experience while buying underpants! May all your underpants purchases be so uneventful.

Meg said...

Whooooo! Another thing faced down. I admire your approach to this whole thing!!!

Ms.Hudson said...

YAY! That's so exciting. ANd you got new Jammies to boot! What an awesome trip ;)