Monday, April 28, 2008

Cramming a Lot of Life into a Few Weeks

The bathroom project is still not complete. But, it's the least of my worries these days. In a few days I leave for my company's big event in San Diego, and I'm working on all the things I need to complete before I leave. I have scripts to write and assignments to assign. At least I closed the latest issue of the magazine last week.

I haven't rented a scooter for this event like the one I had for the last one. I'm a little nervous, because these things require a lot of walking, but I figure I can walk until I'm tired, sit a bit, then get up and walk some more. I hope I'm not kidding myself.

Besides, I need to be prepared for the tremendous amount of walking I will be doing in Scotland in a few weeks. There will be castles to see, yarn to admire. I have to be ready for that!

Speaking of Scotland, I will be blogging from my trip. Loads of pictures and commentary. I'm looking forward to traveling with my fancy new ultralight computer. I hope I will have internet access. Hmm. Gotta check into that.

My good friend, Ashley, finally got engaged (I say finally, because she has wanted this for several years now), and my other good friend, Staci, made an offer on a house that was accepted. Len thinks he can finish his pilot's license while I'm away in Scotland. Gosh, there is so much happening in the world around me, I guess it makes me feel less overwhelmed. Everyone has a lot going on, and we all seem to manage.

6 comments:

Debbie D said...

Yeah for Staci and Ashley.


You got a rockin new laptop? Can't wait to see it.

Betsy said...

Hey, did you get an Air???

Lil D sure is gonna miss you! Maybe you should take him along on your trips. (Len, you can PayPal me for that.)

Clark said...

Man, even in a Mac-centric household, I sure hope you didn't spring for a Mac Air. Check out this viral ad from Lenovo knocking the Mac Air, even down to the parody of the theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnOCUkbix0&e

Yes, I know it's not a link friendly url, but it is all I've got at the moment.

Clark said...

And, in the theme of viral advertising, Len, there was a Flaming Lips video link off the page of the Lenovo ad I posted, and I know how much you love the Flaming Lips. In case the link disappears off the first link, hit up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDZ6yubitM&feature=related

to see it in all it's glory...

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Wow! Such interest in my new computer!
No, it's no Air. It is my new WORK computer, meaning it was bought and paid for by the company I work for and not by me.
It's a Dell. Three pounds or so, I have a fabulous docking station attached to a giant flat-screen monitor. I am very happy about the size, not that it is a Dell -- but the new Microsoft Word sux. A lot.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I've been lurking for a looong time and have decided to write. I was also curious about your new computer to see if you had purchased an Air. Best to have work pay for a little light-weight!

I agree with you on the new Word. Ugh! It's awful.

And I'm extremely envious of your upcoming travels. Maybe me, the huz, and the 18-wheeler will get sent to ATL in the Fall while I'm riding with him.

Jennifer