Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Always Something...

As I type this, Miss Daisy is with Len and the Vet School in Athens. I hope the Great Oz (the cardiologist who never steps out from behind his sonogram machine) is giving her a clean bill of health and Len no longer has to truck her out there each week. Besides, she doesn't much like being poked and prodded at by vet school students. She seems to be doing great, though. Sweet little thing.

I'm back on MARTA after the summer of riding my scooter to work. Everyone in my office loves my new hairstyle, sans helmet head. Me, too. Plus, I get a lot of knitting done on the train anyway. I've been working on this lace project for some time. After, oh, eleven or so attempts, I'm getting pretty frustrated with the thing. I am more determined to complete it, since I've spent so much energy on it already. I'll miss a stitch and because the yarn is so delicate and fuzzy (lace weight alpaca) I can't just find the mistake and start from there. I pretty much have to pull the damned thing out and start over every time. There HAS to be a better way.

I finally brought something home from the pottery that I like. It's a nice bowl that I glazed in sky blue. It came out kind of an olive green with sky blue streaks. When I saw it on the shelf, I picked it up, wondering who made it so I could ask how they did it -- and the bowl was mine! Cool! It's awfully thick and heavy though. More practice...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Megan,
Have you considered putting in a "life line" in your lace project? I was having the same trouble and having to start over every time I messed up and Dee mentioned that to me and I've gotten further along now. Google it and see if it helps.... come back to knitting group...
Jamie

Len said...

Daisy will be visiting Athens weekly until we convince them to change the name of their football team to the Whippets.

We will soon have bumper stickers that read "How 'bout dem Whips?"

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Thanks, Jamie! I'll Google that and try it out!