Friday, May 05, 2006

Macabre Sights, All 'Round

She killed another one today. This time, 'twas a mouse. Unofficial count? Scully Four, Small Furry Creatures, Zero. Pretty soon, I hope the mice and squirrels and cats and especially the chipmunks (the hardest hit) start noticing their numbers dwindle whenever they venture into this particular back yard.

Since my last post so much has happened. I saw Ben Franklin's grave. And the Liberty Bell. And Independence Hall. All in Philadelphia, where my company hosted their latest big event. I worked so hard that week -- and was so exhausted when I returned home -- that I don't really like Philadelphia. I think it's really to do with the hard labor and not the city itself. In retrospect, it seemed to be a nice enough place. I've been sleeping a lot since my return, and this just today began to feel like myself again. So what did I do? I painted the living room. Now I'm tired again.

The living room is a beautiful green now -- a color I wanted, but was a little afraid of, so I got two samples and asked Len his opinion. He picked my scary favorite and so it was decided. Whew! Len is in Seattle -- returning home tomorrow -- so he'll see the fruits of my labor tomorrow. But, I think it's safe to say it's a winner. The color is actually a darker hue than the one that had been on the walls (kind of a coppery brown) but brighter, so the room is not as drab. In fact, it's much brighter. I am so pleased.

I ordered curtain rods from Target.com that are a lot like the ones we put in the Seattle house. Also on Target.com, I found lined silk drapes in a great color. We bought the stuff for the Seattle house from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware for something like $225 per window. A very similar look can be had from Target for $70 per window. I love Target.

Once it is complete and the room is put together, I'll post some pics...

No comments: