Saturday, May 13, 2006

Highway Madness

We finished the building today. Len is bam, bam, bamming away at it right now since one side of his nifty little frame is a bit bowed, though. He's also following the instructions on how to align the doors nicely. He's making much progress. We saved so much money on the building (thank you Dekalb County for your crazy rules!) that I think we'll sod the whole yard. New sod and some pretty plantings here and there, and the backyard will be gorgeous! Historically, we have spent alot of time in back yards when weather permits, so adding gorgeous to the mix will be very nice, indeed.

The building is really very nice. It looks like a little cottage, with it's four-paned windows, carriage doors and clapboard siding. Not bad for plastic. It even features five skylights and two vents. A person could live in this thing.

After the building was complete, I followed behind Len (driving the Saab) on my scooter to the Lawrenceville Honda/Kawasaki dealer. It's time for it's first service and for the brakes to get checked. Unfortunately, the closest dealer is in Conyers at 16 miles away, but their service department is backed up for weeks. It took a while, but we made it the 26 miles to the Lawrenceville dealer. Only once did Len nearly lose me -- since we were on a downhill, I think he thought I could go a lot faster than I could, and another car swooped in between us. For the most part, though, the scooter's 40 mph limit was not a problem. Still, I really want a Vespa. A model that is a bit faster than mine and orange or pink or turquoise. Vespa's have such nice colors. I found a pretty spectacular pink helmet on line, too! Dare to dream, dare to dream.

Tomorrow is bath day for the hounds. We are going to Daytona next week to visit the grandparents, and the hounds will be sparkling clean for their visit! But, I may have to bathe Maggie twice. She likes to spend a lot of time in the dirt.

No comments: