Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Home at last

Treats is back from Scotland. I am tired after the long travel day yesterday, but I am back at the job today. Gotta Knit and her wonderful husband drove me home from the airport last night. Len and the hounds were very happy to see me. Gotta Knit has several more days off this week (BIIAATCH!) and will be able to upload her pics from the green, foggy land before I can, so if you are interested in seeing all the fun stuff we did, check out her blog.
Some quick notes about my trip:
1. I managed to get a sunburn
2. Di Gilpin IS odd, but I loved her
3. Louisa Harding is a lovely woman
4. The Scots don't seem to care if they lose a tooth or two
5. The Scots aren't the most fashionable folk, so I felt right at home while there
6. Folks in the U.S. knit a lot more than folks in Scotland
7. We in the U.S. have a great supply of wonderful, unusual yarn
8. Cobblestones are beautiful, but really hard on your feet

4 comments:

Debbie D said...

You forgot that the Scots really like their Haggis!

Kim said...

Good to have you back, babe! I am hoping you defended the virtue of my Ewan McGregor and didn't let Alice wear him out too much!

jana said...

welcome home!! can't wait to hear all the stories. xo

Meg said...

I really have enjoyed your postings about the trip. I can't wait to hear more in person!