Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'm getting old...

Did I ever mention the time when a man on MARTA asked if the project I was knitting was for my granddaughter? That was a shocker. I know it's true there are SOME 39-year-old women who have grandchildren. But, I vainly thought that no one would think that of me just to look at me. Clearly I was wrong.

I told him no, that the sweater was for me and kicked him in the nuts -- then I boarded the northbound train. The nerve of some people.

I knit every day, but lately I find myself thinking about knitting more. I was at a wedding last weekend in Centennial Park downtown and a woman I know wore a very cool kimono-inspired dress. My first thought was, "I need to make that kimono-inspired sweater pattern I have." First, though, I have to finish Len's college-boy sweater, my crazy lace shawl, the dog sweater for Devon with only one sleeve left, the fabulous alpaca arrows and cables sweater for me, and about 6 socks to complete 6 pair. Oh, and finish finishing the 4 almost-there sweaters I found when I finally cleared the guest room of the moving boxes. Then, there's the felting projects I have half done. Too much to do!

We have another wedding to attend next week. This one will be a very traditional Catholic affair with all the trappings. Stand up, sit down, stand up again... at least there will be an open bar.

I'm crankier every day. Where did this come from?

3 comments:

Betsy said...

That's an impressive number of UFOs. I wouldn't even begin to count up mine -- I might have a panic attack. What is it about the lure of new yarn and new projects?

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

Yep. And last weekend I stopped by Knitch to pick up some needles I needed for a specific project and she was having a 15% off the entire store sale. Eight balls of yarn and a magazine later I left. I had to go to another store to pick up the needles. I'm such an easy mark.

Len said...

You should have a had a deKalb cop shoot him.