Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Living where the breathing is not so easy...

I'm on an Allegra high.
And, a loratidin high.
Yeah, and maybe with a little Benadryl thrown in.
If I break out the wine, who knows if I'll ever come to...

I'm having a really hard time with allergies this season. I don't know if it is because I've been consistently on Loratidin (Clariton-D) for the last several years and the effects have finally worn off, or this is just one mean allergy season.

I saw my doctor last week and she prescribed Allegra since the other seems not to be working. I've also got these great eye drops called Optivar to prevent the itching there -- I seriously look like a dope fiend these days. The Allegra seemed to be helping, but today was unbearable. My nose hurts from rubbing all day, and I'm out of tissue. I've been sneezing so hard my sinuses feel overworked -- if that is even possible. I can't really describe that feeling in my sinuses. Let's just say I can sometimes taste blood in the back of my throat. I know TMI, but, GEEZ, I need a little pity here.


I took my daily dose of Allegra at 9 a.m., a dose of loratidin at 1 p.m., and just swallowed an OTC Benedryl-type drug. (Len, if I don't answer the phone, call an ambulance.) I finally have some relief from the constant sneezing.

Pity me.

2 comments:

The New York Crank said...

Maybe you can get free pharmaceuticals by naming family members after them. "This is my daughter, Loratadine and her twin sister, Allegra."

For more on this, I welome you to visit my own blog, TheNewYorkCrank.blogspot.com

Yours truly,
Cranky

The New York Crank said...

Maybe you can get free pharmaceuticals by naming family members after them. "This is my daughter, Loratadine and her twin sister, Allegra."

For more on this, I welome you to visit my own blog, TheNewYorkCrank.blogspot.com

Yours truly,
Cranky