Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Technology Problems

Wouldn't you know it: I had the same clunky old cell phone for three or more years and when I finally get a new, swanky hi-tech phone, it is one of the few in a defective batch. Yep, my new pink RAZR is one of the RAZRs that drops calls. ALL THE TIME. It was really annoying. So, I checked the internet to see if I could find out what to do about this problem, and Cingular's site tells me they are happy to replace the defective phones -- AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE. Trouble for me is, I moved last week from Seattle to Atlanta. Crap, I thought, I have to wait until Len goes on his next business trip back to his Seattle office to get a replacement. But wait, I had an idea -- maybe Cingular would take pity on me and let me do the exchange in Atlanta. I called, waited only a short time after navigating through their crazy system and was told, "No problem, we'll send you a new phone and include a pre-paid pack for you to send the old one back." Hurrah! It's a hassle to replace the phone, but these things happen. It's nice that Cingular has made it easy for me to make the exchange. Very refreshing!

No comments: