Sunday, August 05, 2007

Out of Captivity

I'm currently working on a fabulous meandering cabled vest and I am really pleased with my progress. It was slow going at first, but once I figured out that while I casted on the right number of stitches for the size I wanted, I wasn't working the same size in the pattern, then things started working out. I finished the back, but made a couple mistakes in the pattern (cables going over instead of under, etc.) so I'm now reworking the back. I'm nearly finished with that side, and then it's off to the front! Since it is a vest, I'll be finished in no time! The vest is made of a lovely yarn from Debbie Bliss called Rialto, a superwash merino. The yarn splits more than I'd like, but really creates clear stitch definition -- great for a cabled work.

Next, I think I'll make myself a big v-neck pullover from the Malabrigo I have. I have a good bit of a pale water green and one hank each of natural and orange. I see stripes in my future.

I've been spending many of my Saturdays at Knitch lately. Before the accident, I spent my Saturdays there working. It's a great place for me to go, since I can stay as long as I want and I'm out of my house for a few hours. I can't easily go shopping anymore and since I just can't sit still for long periods, movies at the theatre are out. Walking around museums or botanical gardens or bicycling are all problems for me just now. So, knitting at Knitch is a great outlet for me. Thanks, Kim and Steph and Lois and Michelle and Nell and Haley, for making it such a nice place for knitters to be!

No comments: